Just like a shower and a cup of tea these websites are a apart of my morning routine
- Bustle: With a diverse team of women writers from different walks of life, this blog is for the working woman, the stay at home mom, the college girl and just about any woman out there!
- Refinery 29: Fashion, health, entertainment and much more! Refinery29 is another blog that serves all my lifestyle needs!
- Essence: For 42 years, Essence has been dedicated to the black woman. Often said to be “where the black woman comes first for news, entertainment and motivation.”
- Brown Sugar | A City Girl Making Cooking Look Sexy: Whether you’re young or a little more ‘seasoned’ in the kitchen, Nicole or “Cupcake” has a variety of comfort and healthy dishes for all to enjoy!
- The Black Snob: Commonly known as the blog where “pop-culture meets politics” Danielle Belton explores American culture and politics through the eyes of a black woman!
- The Root: One of the most popular online magazines of African-American culture. The Roots has everything from black entertainment, black fashion, black food, black politics and much more!
- Corporette: Corporette serves as a lifestyle and fashion blog for professional women taking the corporate world by storm!
- Clutch Magazine: Targeting progressive black women, clutch mag includes everything from entertainment to lifestyle.
- Xo Necole: Formally known for her infamous urban celebrity gossip blog Necole Bitchie. Necole is now using her platform to redefine how black women’s stories are told. Xo Necole includes everything from work and politics to fashion and travel.
- BlackandMarriedWithKids (BMWK): Disappointed with the lack of portrayal of strong black marriages in the media, married couple Lamar and Ronnie Tyler created BMWK to combat the negative stereotypes associated with black love. Their website focuses on love and marriage and raising a family.
Let me know if you frequent any of these sites and if you don’t, add these to your “read daily” bookmark folder, like I do. Tweet me your faves!