A common misconception is that when you decide to eat a vegan diet, you can no longer have tasty snacks. This is not true! There are many yummy and healthy vegan alternative snacks that will give you the much needed boost after a good workout
Fruit & Nut Bar
- I always have a Kind bar in my bag for every single occasion especially after my workouts.
- Bananas are a great post workout snack because they are fast-acting carbs that hit the bloodstream, starts the repair process and reduces soreness post-workout.
- Yogurt is both tasty and provides an energy-restoring mix of carbohydrates. There are vegan yogurts that are very yummy t00. Check out So Delicious and Silk.
- This sweet-and-salty treat will give you a healthy dose of protein after your workout.
Smoothies and Protein Shakes
- Your liquid post-workout nutrition allows your body to digest and absorb nutrients faster, and they’re delicious! Lately my recipe has been as follows, 1 scoop Vega Coconut Almond all in one shake with 1 cup almond milk. I just shake it up together in a blender cup.
Apple Slices and Peanut Butter
- Apples are low in fat and peanut butter is a good source of healthy fat that keeps you full longer and helps your body build muscles. When you put the two together its heaven in every bite!
Enjoy these healthy post-workout snacks! Proper nutrition fuels us with energy and allows us to meet our healthy goals. What are your favorite post workout snacks? Share them below!